VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEM KENYA
VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEM KENYA
WHY TRACK YOUR VEHICLE ?
Car tracking device and systems are used for tracking of as a rudimentary function. GPS tracking devices are installed by tracking car companies in both private and commercial cars.
Most private car owners use it mainly to assist in tracking the car in the event of theft. Car theft is a theft is a constant concern for car owners, car loan or credit providers and insurance companies.
While insurance companies are interested in car racking devices to prevent loss and therefore reduce claims.
Banks use the GPS tracking devices in cars they have advanced car loans for to assist them with more than prevention of loss. Having GPS car tracking devices ensure there’s a plan for asset recovery.
Other functions of car tracking devices and systems include tracking vehicle location to prevent theft or trace in case of theft, tracking vehicle performance and vehicle maintenance, tracking the driver’s performance, as well as facilitating fuel management and dispatching.
The car/vehicle tracking devices transmit signals and send alerts or notifications providing reports and enable analysis of the vehicle movements or operations.
More functionalities are likely, however, that depends on the devices installed and the company offering fleet management solutions.
GPS TRACKING DEVICES ,WHERE ARE THEY PLACED IN CARS?
GPS tracking devices are quite small, which makes them easy to conceal inside a car. The GPS tracker can therefore fit in my places of your car. A good location is weather proof, allows the antennae of the tracker to send signals and is not too obvious.
Some good hiding for your car tracker include; near the dashboard- find a good mechanic to open the dashboard and conceal it ,on the undercarriage i.e. bottom of the car like in the movies -this requires a magnet to hold it and a water proof casing to protect it from water and dirt.
You can also hide it on your back or front bumper. Another favorite location is the inside of light covers – popularly placed inside the brake lights cover. Other locations are like on the sun visor, below a seat cushion, in the car boot or trunk, in the glove compartment, above the pedals of your car.
Wherever you choose or tracking company installing representative advices to place and conceal the car tracking device, make sure it can send out signals. GPS car trackers use sim cards just like mobile/cellular phones.
You may want to keep the car tracker away from places that may mingle with cellular signals such as the consoles between front seats or beside the inside of doors.
The mixed signals could affect transmission of your trackers signals or worse it could be discovered.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEMS?
Car tracking devices and systems offer several benefits and depending on the tracking company you select, they may install different syetms that may have more or less benefits. Top 5 benefits include;-
- Improve safety of your vehicle – tracking devices deter thieves and promote better driver performance especially when they know or suspect they are being monitored.
- Reduces the likelihood of loss in case of theft. Trackers have been known to assist in the fast recovery of vehicles. In the case of vehicle theft, car tracking devices enable owners track the vehicles location enabling fast response for prompt recoveries.
- Reduced insurance costs – Insurance companies appreciate the fact that the car owner has taken measures to reduce the chance of total loss on a vehicle and have been known to offer a reduced premium for cars with tracking devices as compared to those without.
- GPS trackers have the ability stop vehicles at any time using a mobile phone or computer. Some car tracking devices enable you to immobilize your car by cutting off the engine via an SMS or notification from your phone or computer.
- Geo Fencing capabilities – Restrict your vehicle movement within a geographical area or certain route. Should the vehicle leave this geographical location or route for whatever reason, you automatically receive an SMS alert on your mobile phone on the current vehicle location plus minute by minute updates. With the latter benefit, you may choose to deactivate the car and make it immobile.
There are many more advantages to using car or vehicle tracking devices and system in the fleet management. However, to make the most out of the vehicle tracking system, prior thorough research on different systems is needed in order to ensure a cost-effective choice.
CAR TRACKING DEVICE PRICES IN KENYA
Having appreciated the benefits of a car tracker, the next biggest question in the mind of car owners is -how much will it cost me to install a car tracker?
The Cost of a car tracking device plus installation varies across the various tracking companies in Kenya.
Generally, GPS car tracking devices plus installation are priced between KES 15,000 to 20,000.
CAN I INSTALL MY CAR’S TRACKING DEVICE?
Yes you can, installing GPS car tracking devices on vehicles easy, provided you have all the apparatus needed. Broadly speaking, there are two ways to install a GPS car tracking device.
One is via hard-wiring (this means manually connecting the car tracking device to the car’s electrical system) and the other is using a plug-and-play device- these simply require power (often sourced from the dashboard via the On-board diagnostics (OBD) port) from the car to function.
Take heed that though DIY vehicle tracking installation are cheap, it means you will have no external support available if something goes wrong.
Do make sure you can deal with issues that may arise (such as car theft-learn what steps to take when your car is stolen).
Using established car tracking companies that have built a working relationship with the police forces and insurance companies can be a big difference between recovery and total loss.
Below are companies that you can use to install this very fundamental device in your vehicle.
GPS/GPRS Tracking Systems
Our Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Tracking Solutions deliver the Real-Time location of every vehicle in your fleet. This allows you to adapt quickly to new developments and make smart and informed decisions.
The vehicle tracking system tells you which employee is closest to any new assignment, also, giving you instant access to important vehicle information and driving behavior information such as Speed, Mileage and Fuel consumption.
- Live, web-based Vehicle Tracking for access Anytime, Anywhere
- Vehicle Tracking uses high quality Mapping including Satellite and Street view
- Journey Trails and Replays
- Find Nearest vehicle and Job Dispatch Tools
- Monitoring of Driver behavior
- Points of Interest, Barred Locations and Geo Zones
- Comprehensive reporting suited to Ad hoc and Automated Reports
- Real-Time data on the Movement of your Vehicles and Staff
- Less Fuel consumption
- Increases Driver productivity / Jobs per day
- Eliminate Unauthorized Vehicle use
- Verify Timesheets and Overtime claims
- Increases vehicle security
Having ability to swiftly and easily find the location of a person or vehicle can have many advantageous qualities, regardless if you are operating a Real-Time Tracker or Passive Tracker.
Users of Personal Tracking Systems:
- Families who have Parent with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Businesses Wanting to Document Mileage Driven By Employees.
- Police in need to Monitor a Potential Criminal.
- Parents who have Young Teenage Driver.
- Government Agencies – Tracking possible threats to National Security.
- People who believe a partner may be unfaithful.
- Companies trying to Improve Fleet Management and Routing.
Real Time Personal GPS Tracking Systems:
Real-Time Trackers uses both GPS and Cellular Technology to give users an easy way to view Live Tracking data from any computer.
The union of Cellular and GPS results in required monthly service for all Real-Time Tracking systems, but Tracking System directs only GPS devices that have NO CONTRACTS.
Service is always Month-to-Month and customers can cancel at anytime without penalties or termination fees! Real-Time Personal Trackers include SilverCloud GPS.
Passive Personal GPS Tracking Systems:
Passive Trackers do not use cellular technology in transferring data; therefore, the user must manually download Travel history by removing the GPS system from the vehicle by inserting the GPS Tracker or Download cable into personal computer. Although the process may appear time-consuming at first but it is very simple and quick.
Another great thing about Passive Personal Tracking Systems is that users will not have to pay any monthly service and will receive qualitative second-by-second GPS tracking data. Passive Personal Trackers include GPS Tracking Key and GPS Tracking Key Pro.
Vehicle Tracking System kenya
GPS CAR TRACK INSTALLATION AT KSH15,000
We use best quality GPS car track devices to monitor and control vehicles and heavy operation machinery. The GPS car tracker device provides speed, location and distance updates through provided platforms.
Thus if you’re wondering a driver in your fleet has gone off course or if your teen has been speeding, GPS car tracking devices give you the answers you need
In addition detailed reports show you exactly where a vehicle has been, where it’s headed and how fast it’s traveling.
VEHICLE TRACKING WITH A SPEED GOVERNOR
How GPS tracking with a speed governor works;
Through a Relay, GPS CAR TRACKING SPEED GOVERNOR cuts fuel supply or pedal power supply when vehicle speed exceeds preset max speed limit.
In addition through a customized program, user can send SMS command to set a required speed (E.g. 80 KM/H) such that when vehicle speed exceeds the preset speed, e.g (80 KM/Hr), tracker will command relay to cut fuel supply until the vehicle speed comes down.
From the back-end administration of the system, management can keep track of system events and updates.
At a cost of Ksh 30,000 only, the GPS CAR TRACKING with a Speed Governor is an accurate management tool that is unaffected by vehicle wear and tear since;
- The driver is forewarned by an audio alarm of a pending speed violation, allowing him to reduce speed to a safe limit.
- The tracking and speed limiter combo will ensure that your expensive asset is driven at a safe speed set to your specification.
- Pre set speed limits.
- Reduced speeding results in reduced fuel costs and vehicle wear and tear.
- Secure calibration of Speed settings.
- Once calibrated the GPS Speed Governor will retain its accuracy.
BENEFITS OF A GPS CAR TRACKER
- Listen-In Microphone.
- Panic Button.
- Real-Time Location.
- Detailed trip log.
- Movement report.
- Start / Stop Engine.
- Summary trip log.
- Vehicle activity report.
- Speeding report.
- Mileage report.
- Fuel consumption report.
- Geofence report.
- Maintenance Schedule.
- Updates via SMS.
- Mobile Apps.
- Computer Platform.
INTEGRATED GPS CAR TRACKING SYSTEM
- Speed Limiter (Governor).
- CCTV camera, view photo on cell phone.
- RFID Integration.
- Central Lock / Unlock integration.
- External Shock sensor alarm.
- Remote Control.
- Fuel monitoring alarm.
The tracker is scripted with a software that enables users to view, analyze and disseminate information, receive automated reports and alerts via email or SMS messages.
This information is accessible from the desktop and smart devices.The BlueTrax Tracking and Monitoring interface provides a desktop PC installed version for easy access
DMS is designed in order to manage drivers as well as ensure only authorized drivers are able to access their respective vehicles.
This system contains hardware such as an RFID tag/card RFID reader MPTRX and unit. The vehicle starts only after a swipe of their card which is how the driver is recognized.
car tracking system price kenya,
best car tracking companies in kenya,
car tracking system in Nairobi,
gprs car tracking system,
mobile phone car tracking system,
car tracker kenya,
car tracking near me,
car tracking system price near me,
best car tracking companies in kenya,
car tracking system in kenya
gprs car tracking system kenya,
car tracker thika,